Our client is seeking a Chinese speaking Project Engineer with expat experience in the Mining Industry to join their team on site in West Africa.
- Plan and drive the projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Create and plan the project schedule, forecast the need for engineering resources and conduct quality control over the work done.
- Provide on-site training and technical support on construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, etc. to ensure successful completion of job.
- Work closely and conduct weekly and/or monthly meetings with engineering team and contractors / individual consultants.
- Develop and maintain all job reports and logs to ensure project compliance.
- Ensure that the necessary governance structures, good business practices and policies are adhered to, improved upon and implemented.
- Mentoring and training of subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Fluent Chinese communication skills.
- 10 years’ experience project engineering within the mining industry.
- 5 years’ experience in project management.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in Africa.
- Experience mentoring and training subordinates of diverse cultural backgrounds.